Yay, location, Location, LOCATION!
One of my favourite aspects of being a professional portrait photographer is the chance to leave the inside of four walls behind…
Explore hidden, intimate and quirky corners of the city or breath-taking outdoor areas for my upcoming Personal Brand Photoshoots with inspiring women who are stepping into their power and fullness.
I can move my “office” to anywhere!
I am particularly in love with those unique, unconventional outdoor places… just a little outside of the box!
Choosing those, rather than yet another place you could probably expect all the local photographers shoot at, makes the photos truly stand out!
It is all driven by the fact that YOU are so unique – the location of the photo session should reflect YOU, be just like you, just right, matching your personality, extract the essence of your passion and business purpose.
As an International Personal Brand Portrait Photographer based in UK specialising in outdoor photoshoot and natural light, location is probably one of the most important aspect of my photo sessions.
The right location can reinforce your personal story you are defined by and give special credit to your personality. By being surrounded by the beautiful natural light and the uncompelled energy of Mother Nature, we are due to create images with a unique energy and mood effects. The location choice will therefore have a significant impact on the entire experience on the day, altogether. And trust me… you will fall in love with it just like I have!
But there is more!
PHOTOSHOOT OUTDOOR SURROUNDINGS
The right outdoor background, whether it be woodland, beach, seafront, river or forest, can support you, your confidence as a woman and awaken your femininity too.
· BEACHES with an open space give a sense of unlimited possibilities, freedom and strength. Here we can play with the water, waves and wind elements.
· FOREST & WOODLANDS offer a warm and cosy feel to the images. A sense of safety and intimacy. Here we have an option to play with deep shadows, the trees and leaves... bringing a very earthy and grounding feeling to the pictures. You will feel very steady during the photo session in the forest and will be empowered by the energy the nature can offer.
· FIELDS are mostly open spaces but are contained at the same time. This interesting combination brings a sense of freedom but also security. You will feel held and secured by the Earth. You will feel like you can do anything, and the Earth allows you to do that. It allows you to run, jump around, lie down and be as close to the earth as possible...
· RIVERS are a great way to express the feminine flow and energy in a more gentle way than the sea. You can feel the story that never ends, the continuity and unpredictability. We can play with the rocks, shadows, currents and reflections in the water.
· URBAN & STREET setting: graffiti walls, narrow street, glass building, coffee shop… Sometimes street art has a surprising way of catching your eye just when you need it the most. The secret is to keep your eyes open!
And you really don’t need to travel too far… The perfect outdoor setting very often may be just on your doorstep…
Your back gardens? These could be ideal backdrops for our portrait session.
So… How about the nearest park in your neighbourhood? Your favourite coffee places?
Think about the things that inspire you, consider places that have sentimental meaning, reflect your hobbies, branding or style.
The truth is that your photo session will be driven by you and will always stay true to your own self. It can be just about anywhere: a coffee shop, a bookshop, markets, picnics, mountains, castle ruins, cycling pathways or the beaches.
PERSONAL BRAND LOCATION DESIGN PROCESS
During an initial meeting and consultation with my clients I help them to choose a perfect location for the Personal Brand Photo Session. We always have a little brainstorming session and together we come up with the top ideas.
Please expect to be asked the following questions by your photographer as a part of the Personal Brand Photo Shoot design process:
· What sort of feel would you like your images to have?
· Do you have, or can you think of any specific sentimental place?
· What is your favourite spot to work?
· What is your outdoor hobby?
· Where do you normally go when you need to recharge your energy? Would park or beach be the one of choice?
· What is your favourite place in the town?
· What is your favourite coffee place?
· Are you more an indoor or outdoor person?
MY FAVOURITE LOCATION FOR A PORTRAIT PHOTO SESSION IN SUSSEX AREA, BRIGHTON & HOVE, UK
One of the advantages of the Sussex area is a great selection of naturally green areas, parks and open spaces which can be explored during my photo sessions. If you are Brighton based, why not exploring my favourite park locations for branding photo sessions?
We can dive into Preston Park including The Rockery, Preston Manor and the Secret Garden area; or Queens Park and its cosiness; Hove Park; Hove Green; Dyke Road Park.
The list goes on!
I honestly cannot think of a better location for the Photo Session than Stanmer Park, though. And it’s only a few minutes’ drive from central Brighton!
This one single location offers a wide variety of set ups for photos and allow us to create different moods and decors just by walking a few yards to a different spot. I think it has it all: woodlands, fields and even a pond with plenty of space to play, jump, dance or rest. It obviously depends on the energy you want to portrait on your pictures! I love shooting most of my portrait sessions in the green areas, so I get to see the forest changing colours each season throughout the year, and at different times of the day.
Oh, let’s not forget about Seven Sisters Country Park! Now, THIS is the location I could rave about for hours! It is by far one of my favourite places to wander around and it provides a definite perfection of a background for brand shoots. Breath taking view of the sea, multiple cliffs and a river.
And if you are looking for an intimate beach spot in Sussex, there is this delicious spot, Perch on Lancing Beach, that couldn’t be recommend highly enough. With only 15min drive from Brighton, the beach is not only long and wide, but you can enjoy a lovely coffee with the view as well. Perfect setting for the branding photography: urban/office vibe mixed with an element of nature.
Now! It’s time to start thinking about endless possibilities provided by nature for your perfect location for the photo session. Start the ball rolling by getting in touch while the summer is still there!