I have been approached many times with the same question...What’s in your Camera Bag?”
Here you go:
- I am a Nikon girl! Nikon D600 Digital SLR. Currently I am owner of one camera body but watch this space... just about to purchase a new addition!
- My favourite Tele-zoom lens: Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 APO EX DG HSM Optical Stabilised Telephoto Lens Nikon Fit. This lens is perfect for portraiture and close-up headshots! It's a little bit big and heavy lens but I can't imaging going to a wedding photoshoot or portrait session without it! It might be one of the heaviest lens ever but I am truly in love with this lens!
- My “work horse" lens is a Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 28-300mm f/3.5-5.6G ED VR Lens . It offers great versatility in shooting: impressive wide-angle 28mm to telephoto 300mm! This lens really suits my day to day needs when it comes to creative shooting style. The perfect choice when I am traveling as it's fairly lightweight and covers a number of ranges. I have decided invest specially in this lens to avoid carrying multiple others lenses.
- Lens which never let you down is a Nikon AF-S 50mm f/1.8G Lens. The best budget lens ever as it offers so much: fast autofocus, great low light performance and sharp images (tango events) and let's not forget...it's perfect for small spaces!
- Camera extras: lens cleaning wipes, battery charger etc...
That's in summary of my photography equipment which I carry during each indoor and outdoor portrait session including traveling abroad to capture the long events such as tango marathons and festivals. If you’re still reading, thanks for sticking around! That was a long list, but I thought it would be helpful to explain why and when I use each item.
Always dream BIG!
Magdalena Smolarska Photography
***London based Photographer specialising in TANGO and PORTRAIT Photography for individuals & corporate headshots, Product, Lifestyle & Event Photography.